Pigmented skin may be caused by:
- Sun damage - When we are born, we come with a certain number of melanocytes. These important cells provide sun protection by giving us a darker pigmented skin (they are responsible for that tanned looked). Each time we go into the sun, we are using these precious cells and once they are used up, we no longer have the protection and as a result, our skin becomes uneven and dark blotches appear.
- Post-inflammatory changes (acne, cuts, burns, trauma to skin)
- Photo-sensitizers (perfumes/fragrances, medications, essential oils)
- Hormonal imbalance (pregnancy, contraceptive, genetics)
How to counter these effects:
- Protect your skin with healthy SPF and antioxidants
- Prevent further pigment cell damage and pigment formation
- Repair pigmented cell membranes
- Restore cell function
- Include ingredients that inhibit the enzyme tyrosinase (responsible for melanin formation)
- Add essential fatty acid components for anti-inflammatory properties
- Increase cell to cell communication and the immunity of the skin so it can function at its optimum levels
Which treatments we recommend:
- Our Introductory Facial Packages: Using the non-invasive OBSERV device, we can see beneath the surface of your skin to get an idea of the oil content, health of the oils in your skin, inflammation, pigmentation, along with a few more images. Next, an in-depth consultation will allow us to discuss and take a close look at your history of skin care rituals, products, health, habits, and lifestyle to see where adjustments and suggestions can make a huge difference. Following these two crucial assessments, a facial will treat your skin and target exactly what you need to focus on for healthy skin. Finally, a treatment plan customized to your needs will be provided that outlines our recommendation for products and frequency of future facials.
- IPL Facial (Photo Facial): Of all the skin conditions, pigmentation is one of the toughest conditions to reverse, outside of more advanced facial treatments. I have seen a number of my clients’ skin reverse and lighten dramatically with our Skin Rejuvenating IPL Facial. It is always recommended to restore and repair the protective lipid layer of your skin before these treatments for the highest care of your skin.
- Facials: Regular facials can incorporate essential concentrates to slow the pigment process down by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase and the formation of melanin. These concentrates can be added in your dermaviduals® daily moisturizer as well.
Benefits of our Pigmentation treatment and dermaviduals® skin care plan:
- Smooths and nourishes for a healthier response
- Evens skin tone
- Optimizes hydration
- Stabilizes pigmentation formation
- Lifts unwanted pigmentation