Aging skin may be caused by:
- Sun damage
- Hormonal imbalances
- Older cells forgetting their function (cellular senescence) resulting in reduced moisture levels, loss of pigment or too much pigment
- Lifestyle choices (smoking, alcohol, excess sun exposure)
- Stress (work, relationships, health, medications, surgeries, life happenings, etc)
- From the age of 25, we lose 1-2% of collagen and elastin per year so by the age of 50 that means a 25-50% reduction of collagen and elastin
How to counter these effects:
- Protect the skin against free radical damage through antioxidants in your daily moisturizers and healthy SPF
- Increase the effective delivery of cell nutrients
- Balance estrogen deficiencies
- Replenish the skin’s natural moisture levels and prevent it from evaporating
Which treatments we recommend:
- Our Introductory Facial Packages: Using the non-invasive OBSERV device, we can look beneath the surface of your skin to see vascularity, oily/dry skin, pigmentation, and how to best treat and reverse the signs of aging. Next, an in-depth consultation will allow us to discuss and take a close look at your history of skincare rituals and products, health, habits, and lifestyle to see where adjustments and suggestions can make a huge difference in the health of your skin. Following these two crucial assessments, a facial will treat your skin and target exactly what you need to focus on to create a more youthful complexion. Finally, a treatment plan customized to your needs will be provided that outlines our recommendation for products and frequency of future facials.
- Facials: Facials are often damage-control when it comes to aging skin. The damage is done, but as a living organism, we are continually shedding and growing new cells. It is of the utmost importance that we nourish the skin to help grow healthy skin cells and increase the cell to cell communication, which will create a smoother and more radiant complexion. If age spots and wrinkles is a priority, then there are more advanced facial procedures that can improve your skin texture and tone. Again, it's crucial to restore and repair the top protective layer of your skin to have it respond in a positive manner to these more advanced treatments.
- Facials - Special attention is given to improving uneven skin tone, minimizing pore size, and brightening the skin. Each facial is customized with your specific concerns in order to improve the health of your skin. It is highly recommended for best results to have regular facials with the appropriate home care routine.
- Photo Facials or Skin Rejuvenation Treatments are very effective at lifting brown spots and reducing the size of capillaries. Before embarking on these procedures, it is highly recommended to condition and restore the health of your skin so that you get maximum results. For best results, we typically recommend 3-5 treatments.
- Micro-Needing is a powerful and effective way to create collagen and elastin,helps with wrinkles and scaring. Through this treatment, our skin produces healing growth factors that stimulate our fibroblasts to create and produce collagen and elastin. After age 25, we lose 1-2% of collagen and elastin a year, which means by the age of 55, there is a 30+% loss. Depending on your desired outcome and where you are starting, the number of treatments needed will vary and generally speaking, it takes 4-6 months to see the difference. Micro-needling is one of the most natural ways to rebuild our skin and reduce the signs of aging or scarring. Micro-needling makes a great preventative treatment at the age of 35-40 to greatly slow down the aging process.
When it comes to reducing the signs of aging, it is key to use products with ingredients that reduce the oxidative stress of the sun, environment (such as smoking), and stress. Antioxidants in our facials and products are there to stop the free radical destruction in our skin which can bring wrinkles and pigmentation issues. As we enter menopause, the sebum (oil) production is reduced and our skincare routine needs should be altered accordingly.
- Cleansing – at any age but particularly with aging skin, we need proper healthy oils that are bio-compatible and hydrating. Appropriate products will give us smoother, radiant skin even as we are aging.
- Toners, which are called Lotions within the dermaviduals line are essential to balance and intensely moisturize the skin. Ingredients such as vitamin B, cucumber, and horsetail are found in our toners, which refresh, tighten, lubricate and hydrate the skin. Toners also help in increasing the absorption and penetration of your moisturizers, giving you a soft plump radiance.
- Moisturizing our skin, protects and nourishes our skin. For any skin condition, skin care creams with appropriate lipid content and moisturizing substances are needed. We can customize your quarterly moisturizers to the season and what your skin is asking for.
Benefits of using our Aging treatment and dermaviduals® skin care plan:
- Smooth and nourish the skin you have and the new skin rising to the top layers
- Increase anti-oxidant protection to prevent skin from getting worse and reversing the damage already there (customized moisturizer)
- Increase moisture and prevent moisture loss
- Improve cell to cell communication
- Minimize the appearance of pores